Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Snow day!

Week 4 to my surprise was met with a snow day!  BDMS was closed due to the weather so our class did not have to meet at the mount.  Instead we had our class online in a "E-classroom".  This was my first experience in an online classroom and it was certainly very interesting.
So we began class at the regular time (4:30) although we were able to have the class from anywhere! I was off of work that day so I happily stayed in all day and signed into the class promptly at 4:30.  I had no idea what to expect from the class, though I was relieved to find I did not have to be filmed on my webcam.  Unfortunately my microphone was not working on my computer no matter how many different things I tried, I simply could not get it to work.  Luckily for me there was a setting to type in our responses which is what I ended up doing.
Dr. Smirnova gave us a lot of good information on how to fix our lesson plans and how to go about doing our edTPA work.  Overall I was very happy with the online class, it was a good way to be able to meet up and discuss without having to leave the comforts of our homes!  I enjoyed my first online classroom experience and little did I know it would not be my last!

No comments:

Post a Comment