Sunday, May 15, 2016

Book Talk

For my book talk I decided on Bartholomew and the Oobleck.  I have always been a fan of Dr. Seuss and much to my surprise had never seen this book!!  I decided on this book because I saw a lot of opportunities for it to become a lesson.  Actually, It had somewhat been involved in my groups lesson where I had students make goop.  I had remembered seeing a lesson on making "Oobleck" when I was doing research for the lesson and decided to see if the book was any good.  Of course the book was good!! I was upset with myself for not discovering it sooner! From and education standpoint I saw a great opportunity in that this book utilizes a lot of tier 2 words.  So in itself it is already a great ELA/Reading lesson.  But then their is the additional lesson for science involved as well! This book can be used to get students thinking about substances that could qualify as both liquid and solid.  The more I thought about using this book for my book talk the more I liked it, this book was simply made for teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment